Tuesday, April 04, 2006

End of Term Status: Presentation on Cocaine - Finished; Paper on Bullshit - Not Begun

Okay, so I've got about half an hour to kill before I meet my brother for lunch. I've been swamped between him being here and the burden of my end of the term work (which of course I put off until the end of the term, which is this week.) My blog neglect should end after Thursday at 6:00 pm and I know that I owe like 10 people e-mails so I'll definitely be doing that this weekend.

I gave my presentation on U.S. - Colombia drug trafficking yesterday in my Latin America and Globalisation class. Tomo said it was, quote "amazing," and that it was like an FBI briefing, which was an uber cool compliment. I think it went alright, except for the minor process/explanation I left out - how the money is actually laundered back to the druglords from the U.S. to Colombia...whoops. Anyway, I found the surrounding two kickass graphics on Google images which enhanced the PowerPoint times 10.

Does anyone else find it ironic that "blog" comes up as an unknown word on the Blogger.com spellcheck?!

1 comment:

Sublime said...

Hi Meredith,

Too bad you can't post your paper for us to read - sounds interesting.

I found your blog doing the "Next Blog" thing at the top of the page.

Check my Q&A blog called "The Big Question" at http://bigquestion2day.blogspot.com . If you get time, come answer a few questions (I post a new one each day). It's cool to see all the answers from the diverse group of readers that visit.

Take care,

Sublime