Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Valentine or Palestine?

I went to the school pub today with about 10 people from my course for an unexpected 4 hours after class, despite the fact that our afternoon dissertation seminar was cancelled. I also unexpectedly got to meet with my professor in between beers to discuss my last IR paper. I knew I did worse on the second one so that wasn't a shock, but I was surprised to find out that I didn't get a "high 60" on the first one like I'd thought (I was still confused about what that grade meant); I actually got in the "high 60s", more like a 68!! I got a 63 on the second one, but after averaging them out, he said I should still get some sort of merit since it's in the 65 range. SCORE!

I had two conversations with Ibrahim at the pub. The first was brief regarding whether I had a boyfriend. I said I'd been dating someone for two weeks and as of today I'm 85% sure I won't have a Valentine's date next Tuesday, and we discussed the boyfriend/girlfriend topic for another two minutes and that was that. Then we had a separate, longer discussion about some work he'd done in Palestine (where he's from) and if I'd want to get involved in it. Anyway, on his way out, he asked me about either Valentine's or Palestine, and not hearing what he said I responded with an "I'll think about it and let you know!" Err, I hope it was in regards to Palestine.

I met John for a drink at Liberties where the bartender, Mark, who'd I'd met once a few weeks ago, was bartending again. He totally remembered me and asked for my number. He seems like a nice guy, but he already texted me twice in the last hour. Better than nothing I guess?

I know I'm way behind in OC epidsodes since I'm in London and all, but I just watched the 'Ryan's Becoming a Fisherman' episode and they finally dropped the craigslist bomb. Geez people, that one was only a matter of time.

I just heard that 'Beep' song by the Pussycat Doll(s). I assume it's been out for a while in America but as far as I know it's just hit here. I'm trying not to like it but it's actually okay. Although they've got Will.I.Am. in it, and if you just replaced the "beep" part with the words "My Humps", can't we technically say that we've heard this song before, just in a much worse version?

Current Music: The Raconteurs - Steady As She Goes

No comments: