Monday, January 09, 2006

Dumb. Just So Unbelievably Dumb.

I can't believe the administration at this school (once again.) The second half of my tuition is due today, so I called the Postgraduate office (where we pay our fees) and they tell me that I need to both speak to and pay the Finance department (uh, not what happened last semester.) They transferred me to Finance, who told me they do accept Solo debit cards but then tell me that I was put through to the wrong campus. So, I get put back to my campus' finance office who also says they accept Solo cards and I figure I'm good to go. I get to the Finance office at 12:00 pm today and they say they do NOT accept Solo cards. Um, are you kidding me? So now I've been wasting the last 3 hours waiting for my banker's draft to come through, which I will then bring to Finance who I expect will direct me back to the Postgrad office. Idiots!!!

This past weekend is blurry to me as I was busy working on two papers (4,000 and 5,000 words done, now only a 2,500 word one left to go) but I think I’ll be able to recall everything.

On Thursday night I went to Solo's (as in Dan, not the debit card) to watch Celebrity Big Brother (more on the show, my new obsession, later.) Him and his friend Simon cooked dinner and we just hung out until Alex called me asking to stay over as he got locked out of his flat. It was past midnight so it was technically his birthday too. I bought him a muffin and put a birthday candle in it for him when I met him at my flat; I thought it was a good last minute effort.

On Friday night Laura and I went to XFM night and met up w/Solo, Dandan, Simon and some of their friends. They played really good music and I kissed a cute rocker-ish boy who said I had a crackin' ass. This is their MySpace: Knievel Genius.

We went back to Solo's and literally did nothing from what I can remember until we all went to bed around 6:00 am. Laura and I left around 11:00am , I raced home and changed, made it to the British Library around 12:30 pm, worked till 4:30 pm, raced home again, got ready and headed to Sunil's for his dinner party thing. Sorry Sunil but I think that may be the first and last time I am coming to your house as it took me 1 1/2+ hours to get there. I took a Silverlink, the tube, a bus AND got picked up from there (South Harrow.) After his party I made the long trek back to town where I went to Alex's birthday at Thirst. It was a good assortment of friends there.

On Sunday I lazed around for most of the day until starting my paper around 6:00 pm. I'm so not looking forward to this last one, but it should be a piece of cake compared to the other two in regards to length. I will be having a massive celebration on Thursday after it's all over.

Today is my dad's 60th birthday. Even though he doesn't know about my blog (and I would probably die if he did), happy birthday to him anyway!

1 comment:

FINY said...

Happy Birthday Meredith's Dad!

Mer, sorry I've been such a commenting slacker lately! I went into a self-imposed hiatus during my "oh shit I just got fired I need to hunt online for jobs" phase. I'm back though, so watch out! :)