Tuesday, December 20, 2005

There's A Hole In My Pocket

Ryan's returned to England for the holidays, wahoo! Well, he left to go home today but the last 24 hours were fun. Last night began by meeting Liz at Wetherspoons. I'd only heard that this place was a chain with cheap drinks, but I didn't expect it to look so American. Fine with me though, I have no problem whatsoever with £3 Belgian fruit beers.

We met up with Ryan and his friends at Match Bar, then Zoe and I darted out of there at 8:30 pm after Ben called me saying that the opening act for Hard-Fi had finished already. We were walking (at a normal pace) from Oxford Circus to the Astoria, until I got two texts from Dandan saying "Where u at?" followed by "They have just come on!" at 10 minutes to 9:00. We hightailed it to the venue (as in raced there whilst knocking people over left and right.) I was freaking out at the coat check and then finally made it inside...with no Hard-Fi on stage yet. Thank you again, IDIOT!

I really liked Hard-Fi and I thought they were much better this time than at Winter Wonderland. Maybe it was because it was their last show of the year and the energy of the audience was so high. Richard Archer is one of those frontmen where if he screams at you to clap your hands, you'd better do it or he may come into the crowd and hurt you. Needless to say, I like his style.

Before I forget, I have to give the "Congratulations, You Stayed Out Past 9:00 pm Award!" to Zoe (in a shock move, we didn't get home till after 1:00 am on a school night.) So anyway, after the show we met up with Ryan and co. again at the Absolut Icebar. Unfortunately, we got there after they'd finished their timeslot, so we just went to Below Zero (the "warm bar" downstairs), which was still cool (well, not temperature cool like the upstairs, umm, you know what I mean.) Then Zoe, Ryan, his friend Shiraz and I went to the Sanderson Hotel bar for the best martini I've ever had (it was tiramisu flavored.) That place was ultra swank, possibly more than the Icebar. Which is probably why I felt very out of place in my puffy jacket, hoodie and sneakers. I couldn't have looked as unclassy as the girl at the table next to us though who was actually throwing up multiple times while her friends cringed with embarrassment. My favorite quote of the night was by the bouncer who politely asked us to finish up our drinks because the bar was closing...when there was blatantly nothing on the table (they'd been cleared away earlier.)

Today was another excuse to not do work, so I met Ryan, Shiraz and some of their other friends (I was engulfed in Mountbattens) for lunch near Euston. I hopped in the shower at 11:45 am, dried my hair, got ready and made it from my flat to the restaurant by 12:35 pm. If there is anything that my future husband will appreciate about me, it'll definitely be my ability to get ready so quickly. I had a yummy pizza, then we headed to Camden Market, after which I should have gone home to do work but I just didn't want to. So four of us went to Notting Hill, walked around for a bit and went to a chic dessert place. Not sure what was up with the trendy theme surrounding us but I didn't mind it at all (aside from me having spent £489,562 in less than a day.) I said goodbye to Ryan at King's Cross and did nothing worth mentioning since I've been home, shocker!

Current Music: Better Than Ezra - At the Stars

No comments: