Friday, December 09, 2005

Party Crashers

Last night I went to Ruby Lo with Liz and Graham. Yippee, hip hop! I hadn't been out dancing in what feels like forever. In typical English fashion they threw in some occasional music randomness (En Vogue? Diana Ross? Thong Song? Oh yeah, Liz requested that one. They wouldn't play Da Dip for me though. I think I got dared to ask for that one.)

We almost didn't get in as they were having a private party (um, hello, maybe you shouldn't be advertising in Time Out for the Thursday of this week then?) The bouncer was so kind as to let us in anyway. After sideswiping about 5 glasses on the ledge of the DJ booth upon entrance (yes, they ALL broke), I headed straight for the chocolate covered cornflakes and nut assortment (hey, it was a party after all!), but it wasn't open bar so that was a bit of a let down.

My thoughts started with "Hmmm...that guy's cute!," which turned into "Hmmm...that guy seems really into that other guy," and finally evolved into "Hmmm...ALL these guys seem to like each other." What other holiday party could it be except for Selfridges!

The dudes were dancing pretty well. Especially this one guy by the DJ booth. He started talking to me and was really into the conversation. I got excited over the prospect of a gay best friend since I'm lacking in that department. He liked me so much, he even wanted to sit down and talk to me, rather than dance or chat up other guys. And then he kissed me. Like, a lot. Uh...not gay?
Umm...What?
Really??

Oops.

Current Music: Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better (Live)

3 comments:

FINY said...

Mer, only you could make out at a gay holiday party! :)

Anonymous said...

Is Da Dip song, the one that goes you put your hand up on my hip, i dip, you dip, we dip? if it is, they played it last night at my holiday party. very funny.

Meredith said...

The only time I went to a gay club in NYC I got hit on there by a guy also, random.

Yep, that is Da Dip I'm talking about.