Monday, November 21, 2005

Picture Yourself On A Train In A Station

I've had a craving to listen to Sgt. Pepper all night. I just got home and now realized that I somehow forgot to upload the album onto my iTunes. Surely this is a joke? I'm stumped about this, especially considering I didn't even notice it until now. Shaun Richman would be disappointed in my odd, unfanlike Beatle behavior.

Man, I've had the worst luck with transportation this past week. The other day I missed the last train back home from West Hampstead, brainstormed and took the tube to Swiss Cottage (um, random?), then stumbled around and finally found the 46 which I took home. On Thursday, it took the 134 an hour and fifteen minutes to go from Kentish Town to Tottenham Court Road which on average should only take 15 minutes. I was REALLY pissed about that one. On Friday, to my dismay, I stumbled upon a brand new ticket machine at my Silverlink stop, knew I needed one in order to get out at Highbury Islington and couldn't think up a quick excuse for not having one when I exited the train (I didn't have my Oyster Card on me), so I bought the ticket and consequently missed the train by one minute. Yesterday I flagged down the 189 to go from Laura's to Alex's and the driver completely ignored me. That really pissed me off as well. Tonight I got to the station with five minutes to spare, realized I forgot my phone which I needed in order to call Zoƫ to pick me up from Hatch End, raced home, grabbed it and ran back and caught the train just in time, but coming back I got to the transfer point exactly as the train should have arrived, but of course it was cancelled and I had to wait in sub-zero weather for the next one.

Oh yeah, I bought a plant! Her name is Juliet. She's green and cute. It's my practice for having kids.

Current Music: The Beatles - Another Girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hardly disappointed. Never really understood Beatle fandom.

Good luck with the plant. I recently adopted a cat. It's like a plant, except that it occasionally chases its tail.

Anonymous said...

Ah, you're becoming a true Londoner, complaining about the transport all the time! But don't get too surprised at bus drivers ignoring you and driving past - it's how they keep themselves entertained. Bastards, the lot of them.