Friday, November 25, 2005

I Felt the Lapping of an Ebbing Tide

British Sea Power are always a guaranteed good time from their silly on-stage antics. Their music kicks ass too!

The first thing I have to say is that they did an early set which was so cool! How often does a band open for themselves?! I got in around 45 minutes after the doors opened though and only caught a little of it.

Then came The Wurzels. These guys were old (when I say old, I mean old - the drummer was 78) from the West Country. I don't really understand what that means except that they drink a lot of cider. They did a really funny/good version of Don't Look Back In Anger, played their famous song about a combine harvester (I only knew the remake that goes "I've got a brand new pair of roller skates, You've got a brand new key") and sang about the 'Shepton Mallet Matador' which was so funny because I actually got lost in Shepton Mallet searching for the Glastonbury ticket pick-up office.

I couldn't believe the front of the crowd for BSP, they were jumping and moshing like crazy. Aside from the occasional elbow in the chest, we were in a decent spot. So, a few of the shenanigans...They shot out wet snow-like stuff onto the audience at one point to give the Antarctic effect. The crazy drummer guy who is in the Brakes had a camcorder duck-taped to his helmet. They didn't do the two-person somersaults this time, but the guitar player tilted his head sideways, poured a bottle of water onto/into his ear, and then projected it out of his mouth onto the audience which was really funny. Oh yeah, the music was good too. Me like dem boys.

The following Virgin band photo thing is fun. I just did it but I'm not sure yet if my answers are right. It works like this: guy smashing the pumpkin = smashing pumpkins, pair of scissors = scissor sisters, etc. Try it if you're bored (enlargement suggested) -



Here are my answers (written in white so as not to give anything away, highlight the text if you want to see them.) My answers so far: Spoon, Gorillaz, Led Zeppelin, Jet, Television, Eagles, Garbage, Rolling Stones, Seal, Postal Service, Beach Boys, Alice in Chains, Eels, Matchbox 20, Guns N Roses, Queen, Prince, Radiohead, Kiss, Embrace, The Birds, Bee Gees, Manic Sreet Preachers, Whitesnake, The Subways, Eminem, Dinosaur Jr., Styx, Phish, Green Day, Madonna, Dead Kennedys, 50 Cent, Twisted Sister, The Streets, The White Stripes, Pixies, Ratt, Black Flag, Blondie, Destiny's Child, Bloc Party, Korn, Red Hot Chili Peppers

Ok, as I'm typing this I just found out there are 72, and I only have 44. Eek.

Oh, and this might explain a few things.

Current Music: Muse - Space Dementia

No comments: