Sunday, September 25, 2005

The First Time Is Scary

So, I've decided to conform to society and start a blog. I am doing so for the following reasons:
1. I am too lazy to write in a journal.
2. I am too lazy to write e-mails to my friends.
3. As of yesterday I have been able to steal a wireless connection from somewhere so I'd like to take advantage of it.

I guess for my first blog entry I should start with something good. Hmm, a Meredith hook-up story, everyone loves those!

I was in a mellow mood last night, but slightly annoyed at first due to the 9:55 pm Silverlink train being cancelled. This was because "there was no driver available." What?? Who does that? Anyway, I didn't mind too much because the train is literally 30 seconds from my flat (sorry, have to speak like I'm English now) so I just went home for a bit and headed back for the 10: 15 pm train. My typical luck, there were more delays when I arrived back at the station. I was still excited though because apparantly no one checks for tickets on this line so its pretty much always free!! I mean unless you get caught but I don't think that will happen any time soon. So, some guy appears on the other side of the tracks and yells out at myself and two guys next to me asking which side is the train towards Brondesbury. It was our side so he jumps onto the tracks (again, who does that??) with his bike (okay, really who does that??) and jumps up and over to me. After a short conversation about wanting to get his legs waxed (apparantly bikers do this? I don't know anything) he tried to kiss me. He was cute and everything (actually REALLY cute) but I didn't want to be a ho on the platform, plus he was really drunk. I tried my hardest to back away from him for the next ten minutes or so but I eventually gave in. After all, I've never kissed a random guy on a train platform prior to going out (or in general for that matter), plus he was South African, YUM!!!! It was much better than the guy who mouth-raped me at the Camden Barfly the night before. He wanted to get off at my stop and I said no and that was that. So, that's my random story for the weekend.

As for going out last night, before heading into a proper club, Laura and I wanted to go into (the?) Cane Bar in West Hampstead but they were having a private party (this was pretty obvious by the "PRIVATE PARTY" sign outside.) We decided to take a chance and follow two people going in acting as if we belonged there. We headed to the bar and asked for two beers, only to find out it was an OPEN BAR!!!! I'm usually honest but I couldn't not take advantage. One white russian, three cosmos and a few hors d'eouvres later I was a very happy patron (despite the fact that we had to sit in the corner and not speak to anyone for fear of being found out.) We went to another club later but were exhausted so we left after five minutes. Laura learned the correct way to walk back to her apt in Kilburn (unlike the last time when we wandered around for 20 minutes before finding a taxi) so we were home very quickly. Good night overall.

Current Music: Coldplay - A Whisper

5 comments:

FINY said...

Check it out I found you :)

Only you could have a story like this. I love it!

Meredith said...

That was fast - I haven't outed myself yet!

FINY said...

Don't worry I didn't tell anyone it was here. Do you mind if I keep reading? I'll stop!

Meredith said...

Not at all!! Can you actually link me? I'm still too lazy to e-mail everyone about it but should do this week!

Anonymous said...

The words "West Hampstead" caught my eye...thought it said "West Hempstead"...guess not though.

I am just getting around to reading...its pretty funny so far! Keep em coming!

~Erica :)