Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Holy Mole-y

Just to get my personal weather report out of the way, this arctic blast is no joke.  I worked from home today (two-for-one plumber and doctor appointments) so I didn't need to face the low temperatures until later, but holy crap it's freezing!  In related news, here's your token photo from Friday's snow storm/work from home day (through my window screen.)


Yeah, so uh, big thanks to my super and the plumber who were supposed to show up at noon today but instead came during the middle of my conference call (just a radiator fix but still embarrassing.)  Also, my super has a black eye and his arm is in a sling - motorcycle accident or got the crap kicked out of him?  He was probably stoned at the time, so either way, I'm sure it didn't hurt too much.  

Today I went to the dermatologist to get a beauty mark removed from my leg.  It had started looking "interesting" back in '05 so I had it scraped off, and there were no issues with it at the lab.  I was all sad because I had this scar where my beauty mark used to be, but then it actually grew back a few months later (which totally creeped me out.) It started looking slightly funky recently (recently being two years ago) so I finally went back to have a new, local doctor check it out, and all that she could say is that she didn't have the medical history (I have no idea who the doctor is that removed it), so she didn't know if it was a mole-of-interest or not.  I decided to go the safe route because it was freaking me out and have it removed.  Since it was technically a surgery this time and not a "scrape," it cost a whopping $300! Now I've got four stitches, a hole in my bank account, and a hole in my leg.  Well, better safe than sorry, right?

We booked a trip to Puerto Rico for President's Day, yay!  I don't know anything about PR except that the government had an official travel agency which my mom used to work for in the 70s that gave her free trips.  We are staying at some trendy boutique hotel on Isla Verde beach that has a pool on the roof, and that's all I know.  So, if you have any tips on what to do, please advise.

This song is fabulous: "Haboglabotribin"

Why can't I download Bastille's "Of the Night" in the US?  WHY??

No comments: