Monday, December 14, 2009

Words Don't Sink It Swims

I haven't written a blog in ages. Thought I'd start this one off a bit cheery but I had to go and spill matzoh ball soup all over the kitchen floor. And I don't have any paper towels. And it's all over me after I just took a shower. Motherfucker!!!

Chappy Chanukah peeps! I got some fun stuff for the holidays like this new watch -
A bangin' Coach bag
And the Twilight DVD
I kind of Twilighted myself out this weekend - watched that Saturday night, then watched Taylor Lautner on SNL, then finally saw New Moon on Sunday. The best part of that movie was when Jacob got a haircut, hallelujah!

Jacob before - sorry but this hairdo is just so so so so bad The haircut wasn't the only improvement. The hot body definitely helps.

Jacob after - so so so SO good
Can I be Team Jacob for the actor but Team Edward for the character? Is that legal? The effects in this movie were ten times better than Twilight, those were just laughable (but laughable in a way that I will still watch the DVD repeatedly.)

We had the first annual MTV Games Bake-Off today. I actually tried to make something both fattening and tasty for a change. I decided on Chocolate Nut Bars (recipe courtesy of some lady who contributed it to Lauren's bridal shower book.) Personally, I thought it was delicious but the middle was a bit mushy when I cut it. I put the pieces in a more vertical rather than horizontal tupperware container - that with the combined "falling apart effect" made my entry appear unappealing to the masses - I think maybe two people touched it. Next year I'm all about presentation, or at least something simple people can grab, like cookies, or Holiday Turds (which someone actually entered.) At least I now have staples in my house that I'll never use again such as white and brown sugar as well as flour and vanilla extract.

Chocolate Nut Bars aside, I'm headed to the UK on Friday wahoo!!! If you don't include my 5 hour stopover at Heathrow over the summer, I haven't been back to London since last Xmas/New Years. Not sure if I blogged or bragged repeatedly about this previously, but I won the grand prize in a raffle at a voluntary seminar at work. Well, let me tell you my friend, sitting through that was well worth it as I won a pair of round trip business class tickets to London with a three night stay at The May Fair for two with breakfast included. Now what to do about the paparazzi who will be stalking me outside the hotel?

Things I plan to do while I'm there include seeing my friends (can't wait!!), figuring out how to get to central London from where I'm staying (Tring anyone?), eating drunken falafel (preferably in Camden), getting my Britpop on, spending time with Dave's family, beating him in Wii shuffleboard, and doing some shopping. Does anyone have New Year's plans yet because I'd like to jump on that, thanks.

This blog post will not contain any proper photos as I'm working off our desktop that runs on Linux. Yes, you heard me correctly. I have no freakin' idea how to use this thing except for the internet and the geography game. Speaking of photos, MTV opened a "Digital Oasis" on one of our floors. It contains a bunch of those kiosks you find in a Duane Reade and you can not only print photos from a CD, memory stick, internet, etc., but you can even make photo albums, calendars, posters, and more. And we get a $100 credit each month to use it. Not sure if I should print honeymoon pics or Southeast Asia ones that have been sitting on a disc for three years first. Also, in case you are wondering, I haven't received digital photos from the wedding photographer yet, hence nothing for the blog or F-book for the moment.

Songs I've been obsessed with lately:
The Temper Trap - Fader
Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart
The Cribs - We Share the Same Skies

I plan to do a Top 60 again towards the end of the year (or this week.) As for the gigs, I kind of lost track of what I've been to lately which is a first, eek. I also don't have many people I wanted to punch in the face in 2009 so that list may not appear as well, though I'll try hard to brainstorm for that one.

Anyway, let's leave it with "Fader" because it's so so good and the love needs to be spread. Think Wham! if they were around in 2009. My God I could listen to this all day. If anyone can get me into the Koko show on the 21st I'll buy you Digestives.

This isn't an actual video, but an image with the song playing.

1 comment:

Glenna said...

funny about the bake off tale. i think it was the presentation LOL.