Saturday, January 17, 2009

Vampire Weekend

Heather and I are heading to Jenn's apt later on so I thought I'd blog while I'm waiting. Watching What a Girl Wants for the tenth time. Amanda Bynes, will you switch bodies with me? Thanks!

Speaking of that, I decided to rejoin Weight Watchers today. I've gained back 6 lbs. since July, and with this being the year I'm getting married, I need to take care of flab sooner rather than later.

I also went errand psycho today. First to Dunkin Donuts for coffee, to WW, the bank, food shopping, back to the apt and cleaned, kickboxing, bought a birthday gift, CVS, did laundry, and cooked a low-fat Shepherd's Pie (suck that Gordon Ramsey.)

I saw Twilight last night. It was um...hmm how to describe it. Well, Meghan and I (and the entire theater) laughed at all of the parts where it was inappropriate to laugh, to give you an idea. Some things were just bizarre, like Edward's stares were intense (as they should have been), but they were overly creepy. I know he's a vampire, but something about him did not look right throughout the film. Some of the running bits looked totally ridiculous too. This will still probably be a movie I end up buying on DVD in the end just because.

Tomorrow I'm going for brunch to meet Kat's parents who are visiting. Then I've got a surprise party for a former co-worker in Port Washington. I'm going to try to go to step aerobics at 9 am but I doubt that will happen.

There's a song my kickboxing teacher always plays for the cool down which I really like. I just looked it up and it's Kelly Clarkson, I can't believe it! She shocks me every time, I never think it's her when it is and it's usually great. Oh, song is "Sober."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new Kelly Clarkson song (My Life Would Suck Without You) is pretty good too, in my opinion, if a little formulaic. I love the cover of the single though opinion seems to be divided!!

Meredith said...

It sounds okay, I "heart" the cover though!