Monday, June 11, 2007

That Crazy Casbah Jive

Oi! I'm soo far behind. Let's take it back to May shall we?

So, Memorial Day Weekend was all about the Long Island BBQs. On the Saturday we went to Dave's house in Syosset. I just found out that his dad is Julie's family's dentist, how funny is that? So anyways, we played beer pong as could be expected.

Heather and Dave
Liz was not feeling the Dos Equis was pong-playable Although Heather was definitely feeling the Bud Light
I accidentally walked in on some guy peeing at this party. And speaking of the bathroom, I went but the toilet wouldn't flush. It wasn't anything gross, just toilet paper, so I told the guy waiting after me exactly that. He had been hitting on me before (and was promptly rejected) and responded to me by saying "Nothing ugly could come out of you!" EEEWWWW!!! That was around the time I knew I was ready for the next BBQ.

On Sunday we went to Ben's house in Westbury. Me and Ben go way back, all the way to second semester at Westminster when we had Latin America and Globalisation together. My same crew arrived (me, Heather, Liz, and Erica) and our first thoughts were "We are not going in that house" as there was a sign that said something like "Beware of Attack Dog." It actually turned out to be this cute little dog that was literally like the length of my forearm which was really funny. Heather and I played in the family and friends softball game and I scored the first run! (I guess that wasn't too hard considering I was the third up to bat.) Throughout the day we played with Ben's 294 relatives - that included the 4 year old girl who invited us to her birthday party as well as Ben's dad who we played beer pong against. We ended up staying at that one for like 10 hours or something crazy like that. It was fun!!

Then we headed to Heather's friend's BBQ in Merrick but I couldn't hack it anymore. To top off the weekend, my dad made burgers that Sunday. I never thought I'd say I didn't want to see another burger ever again but I did.

Fast forward to last weekend. I don't think I've ever spent so much time on transportation in such a short span of time. Liz, Heather, and I drove to Atlantic City after work on Friday. We hit traffic and it took us a long time to get there (partially my fault - I accidentally toured them around Bay Ridge); when we arrived we had to get our drink on quickly to catch up with everyone. Erica was already in the party mood, it was her birthday after all...

We went to celebrate her birthday, and all of the Albanyites/Albanians were there for Tara's bachelorette party. They had matching pink tank tops that said 'Tara's Fling'/'Final Fling Before the Ring' (see Erica above.) Me, Liz, and Heather didn't want to be left out though so we made sure to wear our Burger King crowns throughout the hotel (I'm not posting that photo.)

We headed to the Casbah to get our freaks on Tara, the cutest bride to be

Erica rockin' the Casbah When in Rome, embrace the foam
Random meat sandwich in between slices of Faith and Erica I don't really know how to caption this They played 'Touch It' followed by 'Pass the Dutch' - I almost had a hip hop heart attack!
We didn't get back to the room until about 6 because that's how we roll in AC I walked from the Taj Mahal to the cab and then around the Trop without shoes. EEEWWW.
Liz and I lost all of our money in about 4 seconds playing Blackjack at the Trop. I can't say the same about Meghan who won over $1100 at a $15 table. Lucky gal!

We had to leave at 8 am because Heather had to be in Sag Harbor (aka opposite side of the Earth from AC) by 1 pm. I ran some quick errands, took a 2 hour power nap and headed back into the city for Gail's bachelorette party.

Gail's Grand Entrance Pre-Party (aka let's shove as much food and alcohol into our mouths as possible BEFORE dinner)

We ate at Tony's DiNapoli which is always fab. They had the best tiramisu I've ever had in my life. We had about 100 lbs. of leftovers which Gail took home for Sopranos viewing the next night (more to come on that in the next post!!)

Introducing the Downward Spiral Going...Going...Going...GONE!
You've gotta love Gail

After we gorged ourselves on late night dessert, I stayed at Meghan's pad. The next day I went to see Vicki's new place downtown where we had the pleasure of seeing part of the Bang on a Can Marathon, which we quickly ran away from.

Let's add up all of my time spent on transportation for the main hours of that weekend -

Friday night - Manhattan to Forest Hills, Queens: 30 mins; Forest Hills to Atlantic City, NJ (inc. traffic): 4 hours

Saturday morning - AC to Forest Hills: 3 hours; Forest Hills to my house: 30 mins

Saturday afternoon - My house to the UES: 1 hour 15 mins

Sunday morning - UES to Battery Park City: 45 mins

Sunday afternoon - Battery Park City to my house - 1 hour 30 mins

That totals 11 hours and 30 minutes. That's pretty funny when you consider the fact that I only got 8 hours of sleep the entire weekend, bah.

This past Friday night I saw Knocked Up with Julie and Sherri. It was great, go see it. I did nothing important the rest of the weekend because I had a 24 hour headache. I did join the gym though, which was about time.

Current Music: Jim Noir - Key of C

No comments: