Friday, March 16, 2007

Stop, Drop, and Roll...You're on Fire

First things first, here are the Bravery photos from Monday night's show at Bowery Ballroom:
Here's my video of 'An Honest Mistake':

The Bravery either tends to be great live (3/4 of the time) or horrible (you guessed it, the other 1/4.) The last time I saw them was at V 2005 which was unfortunately the worst performance I'd seen of theirs, but enough time had passed that I barely remembered how bad that was until I reminisced about it afterwards. Well, they were really great this time! The old songs all sounded good, they played my fav, 'Public Service Announcement,' and the new songs were really good too. I even jumped and danced and didn't care what the stiff NY audience thought because in the front group of fans everyone was having a good time and I barely even noticed how braindead everyone else appeared to be. I'm very much looking forward to the new album which should be released in May.
kjguiug
Sam Endicott was looking fine in his new schoolboy outfit. I was most relieved that he wasn't wearing his navy blue short sleeved polo shirt with white belt which he wore for half of his shows in 2005 (not that it looked bad, I just got tired of it after a while.)
kjguiug
What gig would be complete without me meeting a member of the band? Liz has got the photo of us with the bass player which I probably won't see anytime this century. I forced her to approach him (I was being lazy) but I did mention to him how I was there when he kissed the bass player from Ash during their joint show in 2005. He told me that he also kissed Tim Wheeler (I somehow missed that?!)
kjguiug
I think he liked Liz. She spoke to him some drunken babble about the beers on draught there and said to him something like "don't drink them, those are my words of wisdom," not realizing she directly pulled "words of wisdom" straight from the chorus from their song 'Tyrant." SOOOOO EMBARASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kjguiug
I bumped into Michelle Feldman at the show. I hadn't seen her in about 5 years, barring MySpace of course. She looked good.
kjguiug
Now it's time for the part of the post only I will care about: Guiding Light got 17 Daytime Emmy Nominations, hooray!!!

Here are the photos from Erica and Kristine's party last week. I remembered I had my camera with me at the end of the night so it's not a big variety of people in these photos. Was really good seeing everyone though!
Three Floor Apt.
Gaggle of Girls And a Few Boys Stiffy Jen Erica Matt
Liz & Graham Faith & Heather
Also, I got a webcam!! Let me know if you have one and we can make funny faces at each other when we talk.

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Yay, the Bravery!

Do they have a new album out, or were they just putting on a show?

Meredith said...

Just a show but they played a lot of new songs. They said the album should be out in May.

Big Daddy said...

Finally!

Cool, thanks!