Monday, January 22, 2007

Everyone's a Little Bit Racist Sometimes

Today is a very special day. Why you ask? Because it is the start of my penultimate week of work, hoorah! Just six more working days left until I go to Italy and don't have to be here at 8:00 am anymore. I will have to be more careful with money though which makes me sad. This weekend was pretty relaxed. On Friday I was tired so I elected to stay in. Saturday morning Dave and I headed to Kennington to have some brekkie with his fellow Clactonites. We spent the afternoon in The Porterhouse and Bok Bar killing time before seeing Avenue Q. I'd been waiting years to see this musical, although I wasn't as impressed as I'd expected to be, it was still funny and I'd recommend seeing it. We ate dinner in Chinatown. For the first time in the year and a half I've lived in London, I finally ate some good Chinese food. Miracle!!!
After that we headed to The Macbeth in Hoxton.
We'd gotten a tip that Pete Crackhead would be DJ'ing there. We arrived quite early though and had to sit through three crappy bands until Mr. D showed up, which he didn't (I can't completely blame him this time though as it was not confirmed in the first place.) Anyways the joint was packed with 18 year olds (plus Matt Bloc Party and Alex Arctic Monkeys look-alikes - I swear it was them!!) All the girls were dressed like it was 1985. I know this style is trendy but I really am not a fan. There was one guy who had hair like Faris Rotter and had white socks pulled up over his jeans with white buckle shoes. I felt like it was 1776 (just like the book I am reading) all over again. At least that guy wasn't as retro as the two dudes with Friar Tuck haircuts,
man was that a trip back to the old days! On Sunday I did successful shopping at Sainsburys,
and unsuccessful shopping at Primark. I need to (maybe) book my flight home now. Blah.

1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

Ban the Friar Truck haircut! Before it spreads.