Friday, December 22, 2006

One Year of Noise and Confusion

Here is my list of top songs of the past year. Some of you may nitpick and comment with things like "'Chicago' came out in 2005, not 2006!" although I did not know the song in 2005. Others may say things like "Westlife? What the hell happened to you?!/You're taste went downhill!/etc." (ex.: see Gareth's Charlotte Church comment from last year.) Some might think I'm crazy for omitting 'Crazy.' And more importantly, my boyfriend may break up with me after seeing I've put Sandi Thom in at #39, or putting her in at all for that matter . But I don't care because these were my best choons of '06!

65. Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man
64. Keane - Crystal Ball
63. Akon - Locked Up
62. Robbie Williams - Lovelight
61. Girls Aloud - Something Kinda Oooh
60. The Rakes - Work, Work, Work (Pub, Club, Sleep)
59. The Streets -Never Went to Church
58. Shack – Undecided
57. Fergie - London Bridge
56. The Raconteurs - Steady, As She Goes
55. The Strokes - Ize of the World
54. Orson - Bright Idea
53. Lemar - It's Not That Easy
52. Kasabian - Empire
51. Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up
50. Jason Mraz - Wordplay
49. Embrace - Nature's Law
48. Razorlight - Before I Fall To Pieces
47. Pink - U and U're Hand
46. Razorlight - America
45. Dirty Pretty Things - You Fucking Love It
44. Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces
43. Belle & Sebastian - Sukie in the Graveyard
42. The Kooks - She Moves in Her Own Way
41. Kanye West - Touch the Sky
40. The Feeling - Fill My Little World
39. Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker
38. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California
37. The Rakes - 22 Grand Job
36. The Streets - When You Wasn't Famous
35. Pussycat Dolls - Beep
34. Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
33. Girls Aloud - Biology
32. Placebo - Meds
31. Belle and Sebastian - For the Price of a Cup of Tea
30. Snow Patrol - Hands Open
29. The Automatic - Recover
28. Orson - No Tomorrow
27. Bell X1 - Rocky Took a Lover
26. The Kooks - Eddie's Gun
25. Lily Allen - LDN
24. Take That – Patience
23. Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
22. Sugababes – Push the Button
21. Klaxons - Gravitys Rainbow
20. Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
19. Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
18. Babyshambles - Fuck Forever
17. Delays - Hideaway
16. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
15. Nelly Furtado – Promiscuous
14. Beyonce - Check on It
13. Keane - Is It Any Wonder?
12. Lily Allen - Smile
11. Busta Rhymes - Touch It (Remix)
10. The Killers - When You Were Young
9. Nightmare of You - My Name is Trouble
8. OK Go - Here It Goes Again
7. The Feeling - Sewn
6. Rifles - Peace & Quiet
5. The Pipettes - Your Kisses Are Wasted on Me
4. Westlife - Amazing
3. Muse - Starlight
2. Boy Kill Boy - Suzie
1. The Kooks - Naive

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Yay. Kooks 'Naive'.

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

I switched 1 and 2 at the last minute, 'Naive' is just more sentimental for me.