Wednesday, November 22, 2006

This Bird Has Flown

It is very sad for me to announce the passing of my parrot, Louie, who I've grown up with my entire life. He was approximately 36 years old; my dad got him when he was still single, that's how many experiences he's witnessed!

Although this may not seem like a big deal to some, to me it's the same as when an owner's dog or cat dies. My mom was so hysterical that when she called my dad crying, all she said was "I went in his room and he's dead!" My dad thought she was referring to my brother. Anyways, I'm still a bit shocked and pretty upset at the moment.

R.I.P. Louie (1970-2006) I'll miss you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Anonymous said...

mere, i'm so sorry.. it was like knowing i was home when i saw louie at your paret's house..

Meredith said...

Thank you for that (and I don't mean the joke!)

Anonymous said...

i realized i didn't leave my name...it was micky writing that.
love!

Meredith said...

I thought it was you! I'm thinking about dropping by in late January perhaps?! I'll e-mail you! xx

Anonymous said...

Meredith I'm totally sad to here that. You know that I always will have a special place in my heart for Louie. I loved having conversations with him, didnt' matter to me that he didn't know he wasn't speaking english.

Meredith said...

Thanks Mels, I appreciate it!