Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends

After about 2+ years of pressure I've finally caved and joined MySpace. I need friends stat so I don't look like a loser, so please add me, thanks!

Today I went to the local surgery down the road to sign up with a GP. They had a random staff meeting and the office was closed, which was just my luck. Then I went to Camden Town just to be out of the flat for a bit. I dropped my CV off at the Virgin Megastore (who aren’t hiring) and a random pub on the high street. I bought a white sweater with a small union jack pattern on the shoulders. It's nicer than it sounds and it's only subtly "British," so I may be able to get away with wearing it here. Then I found a random used CD shop I'd never seen before and I bought Cast's Mother Nature Calls, Athlete's Vehicles & Animals, Mark Owen's In Your Own Time (I just saw him and it was only £3, why not?) and singles by Leaves and Dubstar for only £8 total.

On Monday night I met Ana and her Italian housemate Salvatore. We went to Yates in Leicester Square. It was really crowded for a Monday (I didn’t know it was usually like that since I’d never been before.) We danced, it was fun.

I had my two new classes on Monday and Tuesday and I have one tomorrow. I already learned more in the first three hours of my Latin America and Globalisation class than I did in a whole semester's worth of two other classes from last semester. In Tuesday's class, we discussed the differences between lying and bullshit for three hours. I'm wondering if that's £7000 down the drain. I guess time will tell.

By the way, sorry if I offended any vegetarians or vegans with my last post. I just really like meat!

Current Music: Matthew Sweet - Sick of Myself

No comments: