Sunday, December 18, 2005

Performance and Cocktails

Last night's Stereophonics show was THIS good. Mr. Jones' solo performance of 'Maybe Tomorrow' almost made die and the encore was one of the best I've seen all year. They played 'Roll Up and Shine', 'Just Looking' (I haven't seen that many guys huddling, singing and swaying since, errr, the last time I saw Embrace) and 'Dakota'. That song is great and I luvve to jump to it. They are so talented and I definitely got my money's worth despite the fact that I'm not completely sold on the newest album (PS - there was a "Rewind" omission - what was up with that guys?)
(I don't know where we are going no)
It also doesn't hurt that Kelly Jones is HOT. I bumped into him once as I was listening to the 'phonics on my Discman. If that's not destiny, then I don't know what is.

You Made Me Feel Like the One

After that, Alex and I went to Nick's party. His flat was initially impossible to find, and I found it extremely frustrating because of what felt like sub-zero weather (that'll be Fahrenheit by the way.) In a shock surprise, everyone wore costumes, like actually from the costume shop! All I had was a bird's nest on my head as I had taken the rubber band out of my curled hair on the tube, which turned into a complete mess that took me a good ten minutes to untangle/rip out of my head. We situated ourselves next to the bowl of nuts (and devoured them), played some game called Fives or something and stayed lazily in the same spot for most of the night rather than mingling.

Today was very exciting, I'm still in my pajamas from last night as proof. I watched about eight episodes of Scrubs, part of an old OC, and a couple of Friends, which led up to the grand finale - a brand new episode of One Tree Hill. Oh how I've waited for you!!!!

So, I just put Skype on my computer and it's the best thing ever. It's instant messenger but you get to physically speak to each other for free. Amazing! I think all of my American friends need to download it now if you guys have microphones in your computers. Then we can chat for free which would be excellent!

Current Music: Stereophonics - Caravan Holiday

No comments: