Friday, October 07, 2005

I've Waited So Long

YES YES YES YES YES! I'm going to see The Stands tonight! I looove them!

This will be my fourth time seeing them (should have been the fifth except the people who run V festival don't know how to handle a queue and I missed them.) I've been looking forward to this for a long time, especially since the second album came out.

Check them out here: The Stands - Do It Like You Like video

Those who know my relationship with The Stands know about my obsession with Luke Thomson, the former guitarist. This will be my first time watching the band without him. I'm not happy about this but will hopefully be able to focus on the music without looking at the left side of the stage. The last time I saw them I almost pushed Luke down the stairs when I grabbed him to talk to him.

This was taken the first time I met him at Mercury Lounge (you can tell how interested he was in the conversation.)


Anyway, Kat is back here for a week so we went to The Angelic last night, which is where else, but in Angel. I have a cold and was not planning on drinking but you know that didn't happen.

Tonight is XFM night (aka good indie/britpop music) at the Islington Academy right after The Stands. I won't have to pay to get in since I'll already be there which is nice. I heard they played Hard To Beat three times last time so I'm looking forward to it!

Current Music: The Stands - She Speaks of These Things

3 comments:

FINY said...

Hahaha. I love that picture. I've seen it like a gazillion times now and it never fails to make me giggle.

Actually, didn't I TAKE that picture?

Anonymous said...

I don't know that you took the picture but I certainly saw her go flying down the stairs in an effort to catch the poor guy!

Meredith said...

You did take that photo. It used to be my desktop background at work and people would ask me if that was my boyfriend (although you'd think my boyfriend would be smiling and looking at the camera.)

And Luke would still love me even if I did almost knock him down the stairs!