Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bye Bye K-Rock

I just read this on Brooklyn Vegan's website. I don't know whether to be happy or sad - K-Rock has sucked so bad lately that taking it off the air shouldn't matter, although now there is absolutely no shot of hearing alternative music on NYC radio now. Good thing I've got XFM, eh?

The only things I think I'd miss about the station are Booker and the 90s flashback weekends; they'd already moved Import/Export over to K-Rock2 a while ago so basically it's been crap anyway for the last few months.

Does anyone remember the good old days of 92.7 WLIR (formerly WDRE)? I used to intern there and they played the best music ever.

Current Music: Semisonic - Chemistry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT AM I GONNA DO NOW?!?!?!

Awreye said...

Haven't heard anyone reference WLIR/WDRE in years! Could Manhattanites receive WLIR/WDRE? Only my Long Island bretheren seem to remember that station...it introduced me to some good music during my angsty teen years.

Meredith said...

er - looks like you're stuck with 95.5 sucka!

awrye - yep, most of nyc didn't get LIR reception which is too bad b/c they were so good. I lived in Queens so luckily I got it clearly.

Anonymous said...

I'm from Long Island & have to admit that I don't listen to the radio at all anymore since WLIR left 92.7. I say left because they are now on the ass end of Suffolk County & can't decide what format to stick with with, etc. Flipping through all the stations to find one in English, which one day I might have to pay for, has totally turned me off from radio.