Sunday, November 27, 2005

Dazed and Confused

Um, I don't understand how to set up this Freeview box. I ran out and bought all the connection devices that the package conveniently forgot to say were excluded, came back, put it together, and now all I have is a blue screen.

The shop in Kilburn that had the chair that I planned to buy no longer had it. In fact, the guy had no idea what chair I was talking about.

I missed a special package delivery on Thursday. I don't know who it's from and my parents claim it's not them. I really hope it's from a secret admirer but that wouldn't happen in a million years. Now I have to sit around all day tomorrow waiting for it.

I went to Guanabara last night for Marc A.'s birthday. We had to wait in line for an hour in the cold. There was actually an outside line and then an inside line. It was like Disney World minus the excitement part.

The bar was nice and I would go again, but I'd get there before 8:00 pm so I wouldn't have to wait on that ridiculous line. I loved the set up, and the drinks were delicious (although not very alcoholic.) The Brazilian band was good (as were the guys doing Capoiera) but I had no idea how to dance to that music. I also kissed a conference producer, which I find to be extremely funny since I used to be a meeting planner. That just doesn't happen, mainly because 97% of men in the industry are gay.

Friday night went well and the outfits were nothing to worry about. I got paid more than I originally was told, got free drinks all night and a cab ride home. I also got the back of my skirt lifted up by some guy in the last club. After a few seconds of realizing what had just happened, I decided to grab him by the shirt, yell at him that he'd better not ever fucking do that again, and then after deciding once wasn't enough, I grabbed him a second time saying don't you ever fucking do that again or I'll fucking kill you. Then I got embarrassed and cried, because I can't put on fronts for long and always get upset. I hate when I do that!

These are a few more guesses (in white) from that Virgin photo from the last post: Sex Pistols, Blur, Blind Melon, Scorpion, White Zombie, The Cars

Current Music: Zero 7 - In the Waiting Line

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you're still working on that photo, I'll point out that those arent "Jet"s in the sky. They are B52's.

Meredith said...

Yeah, my friend just told me that. I can't believe I messed that one up, I knew there had to be a reason they put two of them!

Anonymous said...

I can only recognize them from watching "Dr. Strangelove" about a million times.

Also, aren't those Pixies floating to the left?

Anonymous said...

Er... that wasn't just any conference planner, that was Schaff. And he's one of my oldest friends! Nudge nudge, wink wink!!

Meredith said...

I don't know why, but I've been literally dreaming about this stupid picture and I came up with The Doors and U2 when I woke up this morning. Think I covered the Pixies in my first entry.

And I know I should really quit blogging about everyone I make out with, although my entries would be so much more boring then!